Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Like The Dark Knight

Clutches, crutches, they say entrap me
Motivation, conservation I say set me free
Hold me back, they couldn't if they tried
I wear it on my face like Batman, my fear just died

Raise the fears and turn it to a mask
Place it on my face so others won't have to ask
How did I get here
You already know
What is your fear
It's here to show

Like the bats that cloud and bring me down
Like the villains, the foes, the joker, the clown
I wear the one and preserve the other
So I won't have to get lost, I won't have to wander

The darkness is what put into the deep
Now I make it lift me up and form my own keep
Take it with me so others can see light
Drag it down with me so others can still fight

Where do I go?
Well I know where I've been
Put them on my face like war paint
Let the battle begin

No comments:

Post a Comment