Thursday, February 28, 2013

Our Choice


I wanna know why the world is shadowed in doubt
Why the world claims knowledge but still ignorance it shouts
Why people give up
Why people show up
 Like fakes and make less than satisfied lives because it works

Life isn't supposed to just work
It was supposed to run
To hit the stars and rise with the morning sun 
To shock and appall
 To unite and and stand tall

But like the Beatles I see all "the lonely people, where do they come from?"
They come from among the the songs not sung
The dreams not given time to ignite
The values that they did not fight for

And then the same people tell people like me to sit down and shut up
To get with life and grow up
That a beautiful life is a fictional story
And then they step up and rise on their mediocre glory

But I don't care anymore.
 I know life has a lot more in store
And now I am going make a demand 
That instead staying down and watching things hit the fan
I'll stand up and be a man
Not necessarily because I will be great
But that someone great will see
And see that I was me, and decide to be
And not be late and begin the road they were meant to persevere 
So they can see my mistakes and figure the same will happen but not have any fear 
That one more tear is the motivation to go on one more year
I believe in these things and when I look I see hope

But according to some people, these dreams belong in a fictional book. 

But they don't matter
I rather lose trying to be something
Than not play and subside to being nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment