Thursday, February 28, 2013

Who Do You Think You Are? My Last Retort


Who do think you are to down grade  a human being
Just because they believe in a greater all knowing  being
Who do you think you are to say that they can't learn
Just because you lack an understanding in charity so firm
You've built up your knowledge in science 
You even made logic your only alliance
And yet you say your a well rounded individual 
When you lack the ability to pull a full visual
See while you preach and teach and use a pretentious speech
Of logic and empirical data
You got happy individuals making money off of heavenly art saying "hey, see you lata!" 

Edison is one of them
Yeah I know he's a man of science 
But I know he also had an illogical experience
He sought to make the light bulb practical, to put it in every home
But you wouldn't even think for a second "that looney is on his own"
Why? Because he already succeeded And a new invention he created 
But he didn't create, he found a way, and that way he employed 
Cause even science says "neither energy or mass can be created or destroyed"

But obviously God is way to hard to believe
And the idea of harnessing light is obviously a lot easier to perceive
 Now if we say that Edison found a way and put it to use
 Do you think we can find a way in GodDon't tell me, you choose 

You see, all scientists are crazy until they choose to succeed
And humans are all atheist till they choose to believe
But you know I'm not trying to convince you 
So stop your crying now, here's a tissue
Cause I know you've made a wise assumption in assuming I am a believer
And with that illogical schema you shut your eyes and claim I'm human's deceiver
But it's funny cause I don't think imperical data or logic are included in the definition of "assume" 
But ignore that point and let the pointless corrections of my basic knowledge of science resume

So you know what, I'm going to stop talking
Cause I already know this irrelevant argument your caulking
 But in all honesty, I mean no disrespect
I don't mean to belittle but I mean to correct
I believe in God, and I can understand your view
But what I don't understand is why God believers have to avoid arrogant people like you 
You see, if I can understand your philosophies
You should be able to understand mine
But instead every time I speak of God, not to you, you whine
You lack the audacity to see beyond the logical line
And you use it as an excuse to forget to be kind
But I just think that your upset that believing in God, I can start
And at the same time I can understand science and still be smart

No comments:

Post a Comment